We’ve Separated

Have you separated from your spouse or partner? Are you contemplating separating from your spouse or partner? We understand that it isn’t easy, but before you can get on with the next chapter of your life, you need to take control of your situation and make arrangements for your future. You need to know where you stand. You have rights.

will take the anxiety and stress out of your situation by giving you a clear and complete picture of the options that are available to you.

There are two distinct matters you should consider: the arrangements for your property settlement and how your property will be divided, and what are the arrangements for your children.

Here are some things that you should consider:

  • Have you made arrangements to collect your belongings?
  • Have you made arrangements for where you will live?
  • Have you notified the bank that you are separated?
  • If you have children, have you contacted the Child Support Agency for information about your situation?
  • If you have any concerns about your safety, you must consider making an Application for an Intervention Order.
  • Locate and secure your important financial documents.
  • Ensure your Will and any superannuation death benefit nominations are updated.